Writing Wednesday – where I hold myself to some public accountability on the whole writing thing (and also to share some Open Calls for Submission love).
Last week was my birthday, so I took a day off from working on the book, but I’m still plugging along at a decent pace. I broke past 65% of my word count goal this week, which is still solid. I’m also noticing that for characters who were born in four smutty short stories, they sure haven’t gotten to do many smutty things. I need to work on that.
Clouds on the horizon though – I have family visiting this month for a week, and I have the Saints and Sinners Literary Festival at the end of the month. That’s going to set me back a bit. And likely get be a bit tipsy.
So steampunk and I might not get along very well. We’ll see. I’m shifting gears and working on an erotica piece this month instead – it’s going to be down to the wire (see above re: visitors and Saints and Sinners) as to whether or not I can manage to submit a short story in March, but fingers crossed.
Which brings me to…
Open calls I know about:
- Glitterwolf Magazine – Issue 8, Identity; deadline March 31st, 2015.
- Clockwork Canada Anthology – Steampunk Canadian anthology; deadline April 30th, 2015.
- There – Short Gay Fiction, Chelsea Station; deadline May 1st, 2015.
- The Biggest Lover – Big-Boned Men’s Erotica for Chubs and Chasers; first draft June 1st, 2015; deadline July 1st, 2015.
- Bi Guys – Firsthand Fiction for Bisexual Men and their Admirers; synopsis September 1st, 2015; deadline October 1st, 2015.
Other places to always check include the Lambda Literary Calls of Submission page.
Heard of any good calls lately? Pop ’em in the comments.