Writing Wednesday – where I hold myself to some public accountability on the whole writing thing (and also to share some Open Calls for Submission love).
I’ve got guests this week (my mother, niece and nephew), so I knew ahead of time this week would be problematic for writing (ie: I could totally not feel bad about not accomplishing word count goals). I’m just shy of 70% of the total draft word count, which is still good. I still need to smut it up a notch, but I’ve planned where the smut up-notching should occur.
As I said, I have family visiting this week, and next week I have the Saints and Sinners Literary Festival! Can’t wait. But that’s not going to help my word counts.
So steampunk and I might not get along very well. We’ll see. I’m shifting gears and working on an erotica piece this month instead – it’s going to be down to the wire (see above re: visitors and Saints and Sinners) as to whether or not I can manage to submit a short story in March, but fingers crossed.
Which brings me to…
Open calls I know about:
- Glitterwolf Magazine – Issue 8, Identity; deadline March 31st, 2015.
- Fireside Magazine – Flash Fiction; deadline April 11th, 2015
- Clockwork Canada Anthology – Steampunk Canadian anthology; deadline April 30th, 2015.
- There – Short Gay Fiction, Chelsea Station; deadline May 1st, 2015.
- The Biggest Lover – Big-Boned Men’s Erotica for Chubs and Chasers; first draft June 1st, 2015; deadline July 1st, 2015.
- Bi Guys – Firsthand Fiction for Bisexual Men and their Admirers; synopsis September 1st, 2015; deadline October 1st, 2015.
Other places to always check include the Lambda Literary Calls of Submission page.
Heard of any good calls lately? Pop ’em in the comments.