Oh, winter. We have such a complicated relationship. Happily, it snowed this week, so the layer of glass-like-ice that was making things difficult earlier is now mostly safe (except for when it’s randomly a stunningly hidden trap), and the dog is much, much happier to go outside. He has four legs that grip way better than my two, it’s worth noting.
Writing-wise, I am way more on track this week than the last, and very, very happy about that. I’ve also been getting three or four Q&As out most days to the various authors coming up for Sunday Shorts, and that’s been fun. I think I’ve got twelve sets of questions left to send out, so a few more days and I should be done with that half of it. It’s been fun.
What hasn’t been fun is my head. Headaches aplenty this last week. Again, I can blame most of this on winter. Stupid winter. Air pressure being up and down at the drop of a hat generally screws me up. I’ve been writing pretty much the moment I get out of bed, though, so happily by the time my head aches, that’s already done.
Work on Triad Soul is moving along well. I’m at about 14k right now, and my goal of 20k by the end of the month is in line with that, which also makes up for what I was a bit short in January.
I haven’t gotten the line edits yet for Triad Blood and I’ve done diddly squat in prep work for promotion, so that’s got to be on the table before the end of the month. Bookmarks and buttons, I think, from the world of swag, but beyond that I need to figure out who’d be willing to chat about it in the interwebs.
Time to start making noise.
The Short Stuff
I haven’t submitted anything for February as of yet, but I have a story idea to begin, and another I’m polishing up that I’ve got hopes for. Even better, I’ve been revisiting the novellas I wrote last November during NaNoWriMo, and I think I’ve come to terms with them being romances with next to zero smut content, and whatever that ends up meaning, it ends up meaning.
Open Calls I Know About (and find tempting)…
- Theory of Love – Pocket protectors and sexy nerds? Sci-Fi (and/or geeky) Romance, Torquere Press, Deadline: February 15th, 2016.
- Less Than Dead – Tales of zombies, be they the enemy, the ally, or something else entirely, Less than Three Press, Deadline: February 28th, 2016.
- Men at Work – Tales of erotic gay workplace romance, JMS Books, Deadline: February 29th, 2016.
- Behind the Uniform – Uniforms, sacrifice, fellas, Mischief Corner Books, Deadline: March 1st, 2016.
- Transcendent – Short, speculative fiction published in 2015 (ie: reprints) that features transgender characters, Lethe Press, Deadline: March 31st, 2016.
- Gents: Steamy Tales from the Age of Steam – Gay male erotica set during the Victorian/Edwardian era, Deadline: May 1st, 2016.
- Survivor – SF/F anthology looking for stories of everyday trauma survival, Lethe Press, Deadline: May 1st, 2016.
- Magic and Mayhem – Mage/cyborg or tattoo artist/soldier stories (very specific, but it’s for a charity anthology, details at the link), Gay Romance Northwest, Deadline: March 31st, 2016.
- Novella Call – The Book Smugglers, Deadline: May 30th, 2016.
- Animal Magnetism – Tales of men drawn together over their love of animals, JMS Books, Deadline: July 31st, 2016.