As I write this, ice rain is doing that “clickity click!” thing all over the windows outside. So. There’s that.
How do you guys get out of your winter blahs? The lack of sun is one thing (and a big influence on me), but the biting cold definitely does a number on me as well. At least His Fluffy Lordship makes it somewhat more enjoyable because he’s so damn happy to be outside in the snow. Seriously, watching him bound through the snow is sort of a small slice of awesome.
Not a big enough slice to counteract February, mind.
Work on Triad Soul is continues to be well. I had a backwards-then-forwards week (it happens) where I wrote a scene that I realized wasn’t right for the book at all, then deleted it, then rewrote a different scene and then crawled ahead another thousand words or so. I’m sitting at 19.2k on my goal of being at 20k for the end of the month. That does include making up all the ground I lost for falling short in January, so I’ve made my actual February target, now I’m playing catch-up.
Triad Blood is still doing it’s magic at the publisher, and I’ve booked a blog time for BSB’s blog and an announcement for QSF. Promotional stuff is underway. I need to line up reviewers, and as much as the very notion of blog touring makes me flinch, I daresay I should bite the bullet and see if anyone would have me.
Call that the start of the noise-making.
The Short Stuff
Though I’ve yet to submit something this month, I’ve got five more days and a rough draft for the ‘Survivor’ call listed below. It put me in a very strange headspace while I wrote it, and I think that’s a good sign. We’ll see. I’ll give it some polishing, and send it off before the end of the month.
The Q&As are still going strong, and although this weekend I need to catch-up on a few I’ve received and send out more Q&As into the wild, I think I’ve got blogs covered all the way to Sunday, April 27th already set to go, and I still need to send out some questions, and I may try to squeeze in a few not from the four anthologies I’ve been featuring, as well.
Open Calls I Know About (and find tempting)…
- Less Than Dead – Tales of zombies, be they the enemy, the ally, or something else entirely, Less than Three Press, Deadline: February 28th, 2016.
- Men at Work – Tales of erotic gay workplace romance, JMS Books, Deadline: February 29th, 2016.
- Behind the Uniform – Uniforms, sacrifice, fellas, Mischief Corner Books, Deadline: March 1st, 2016.
- Transcendent – Short, speculative fiction published in 2015 (ie: reprints) that features transgender characters, Lethe Press, Deadline: March 31st, 2016.
- Gents: Steamy Tales from the Age of Steam – Gay male erotica set during the Victorian/Edwardian era, Deadline: May 1st, 2016.
- Survivor – SF/F anthology looking for stories of everyday trauma survival, Lethe Press, Deadline: May 1st, 2016.
- Magic and Mayhem – Mage/cyborg or tattoo artist/soldier stories (very specific, but it’s for a charity anthology, details at the link), Gay Romance Northwest, Deadline: March 31st, 2016.
- Novella Call – The Book Smugglers, Deadline: May 30th, 2016.
- Animal Magnetism – Tales of men drawn together over their love of animals, JMS Books, Deadline: July 31st, 2016.