I’m home again.
I need to gather my thoughts about Saints & Sinners, but if I’m completely honest, I’m still wiped. This time, my flight back had me up at a very early hour, and between that, a day full of flying, and a terrible night’s sleep, I ended up feeling like roadkill yesterday. Today is quite a bit better, at least.
It’s now April, which resets my goals for the month, and today will be the first real day I’ve had to write beyond the notebook scribblings I made while in New Orleans, but I do have various news events to put forth today, so…
I have two giveaways underway at the moment on Goodreads. The first is for a copy of Men in Love, edited by Jerry L. Wheeler, which just released. The second is for Triad Blood, which, oh, hey, that’s my second novel and it’s not even out yet!
If you want to enter the giveaways, just click on the covers here and you’ll end up on the Goodreads giveaway pages. I did have to limit it to Canada and the U.S. thanks to postage prices (I wish I could do giveaways of e-copies, too, but Goodreads doesn’t allow that).
Obviously, I hope giveaways attract attention, and in the past they’ve been a good way to generate reviews. Which is already happening for Triad Blood (and “Three,” too, which surprised me!) thanks to NetGalley. My first review of both has been more-or-less a positive one, so I count myself lucky. Fingers crossed these guys find the readers they’re looking for.
Yet Another Reminder to Respond to the Launch RSVP!
Speaking of Triad Blood… The launch of Triad Blood event posted is over on Facebook, right here. It will be at After Stonewall, here in Ottawa, on Thursday the 12th of May. More details are available through the event link. If you’d like to come, make sure you RSVP, as the owner has to watch for capacity laws.
I’m likely to have a silly game ready by then, too. Yep. That’s right. A silly game.
Okay. 40k by end of April. And… go.
Self-promotion stuff continues apace, I’ve got two interviews lined up now for Triad Blood. I’m also going to do a couple of guest blogs, swap some Q&A space, have figured out bookmarks… Still that potential podcast, too. Oh, and I believe Apartment 613 will be mentioning me, too, which is lovely, and timely for Romancing the Capital. QSF is listing the release, I’ll have my BSB blog, and… oh! Right. Launch party. Just mentioned that.
The Short Stuff
April means resetting my “submit something!” button, so time to really pay attention to what’s below this next break. Deep breath, and begin again…
Open Calls I Know About (and find tempting)…
- Queer Planet – Strange Horizons Magazine, Deadline: April 10th, 2016.
- Dark Captive (Manlove Edition) – Alpha Men, Evernight Publishing, Deadline: April 15th, 2016.
- Gents: Steamy Tales from the Age of Steam – Gay male erotica set during the Victorian/Edwardian era, Deadline: May 1st, 2016.
- Survivor – SF/F anthology looking for stories of everyday trauma survival, Lethe Press, Deadline: May 1st, 2016.
- Magic and Mayhem – Mage/cyborg or tattoo artist/soldier stories (very specific, but it’s for a charity anthology, details at the link), Gay Romance Northwest, Deadline: March 31st, 2016.
- Novella Call – The Book Smugglers, Deadline: May 30th, 2016.
- Animal Magnetism – Tales of men drawn together over their love of animals, JMS Books, Deadline: July 31st, 2016.
- This Wish Tonight – Holiday M/M Genre romance, Mischief Corner Books, Deadline: August 1, 2016.
- A Scandal in Gomorrah: Queering Sherlock Holmes – Queering the canon or something more transformational, Lethe Press, Deadline: January 1, 2017.