Thanks to Camp NaNoWriMo, I’m very on track for my writing these days. This is good, because I’m about to enter three days of romantic hilarity at Romancing the Capital.
If you don’t know it, RtC is a romance conference here in Ottawa, where yours truly and almost fifty other authors will be chatting, gaming, entertaining, teaching, and reading for the next three days. It’s a blast, and even if you can’t make it to the conference (it’s sold out), there is an opportunity to come to the open-to-the-public-bookfair that happens on Saturday.
Exit Plans for Teenage Freaks
Still truckin’ along on the novel, and as I mentioned above, thanks to Camp NaNoWriMo I got a huge amount of words down this month.
Of Echoes Born
Ditto; which is to say, things are good word-count wise and I feel like I’m going to be just fine to recover from my month of renovation noise induced word count slippage.
Open Calls for Submission
Every Wednesday I try to include my list off all the various open calls for submission I’ve found and/or am trying to write for. If you know of any others, by all means do drop them in the comments and I’ll add them to the list. If this is helpful for people other than myself, it’s even better.
August to date: nada, yet.
Previously this year thus far: January was: 6 submissions (4 reprints, 2 new), 1 acceptance; in February was bare minimum: 1 submission (1 new); March brought 1 rejection, and 1 submission (new); April say 1 submission (new) and 1 acceptance; May: 1 submission (new), 1 acceptance. June: BUZZ! (Let’s not talk about that). July: 1 submission (1 new).
- Chicken Soup for the Soul – Various titles, various themes, various deadlines, 1,200 word count limit.
- Clarkesworld – Currently open for art, non-fiction, and short story submissions.
- Cast of Wonders – Young adult short fiction market, open to story submissions up to 6,000 words.
- Totally Entwined – Many calls, various dates and lengths.
- Erotic Short Romances — Carina Press, an ongoing call for 10k to 17k word count limit.
- Haunted — Erotic stories centered around the theme of haunted, Mugwump Publishing; Deadline August 5th, 2017; 1k-5k word count limit.
- Flint Charity Anthologies – Organized by Vicktor Alexander; deadlines throughout September, 2017; 5k to 20k word count limit.
- Saints & Sinners Short Fiction Contest — Judged by Radclyffe; deadline October 3rd, 2017; 3k to 7k word count limit.
- Futurescape Contest – “Blue Sky Cities” theme; 8k word count limit; deadline October 13th, 2017.