Kieran Quinn is a bit telepathic, a little psychokinetic, and very gay—three things that have gotten him through life perfectly well so far—but when self-styled prophet Wyatt Jackson arrives during Pride Week, things take a violent turn.
Kieran’s powers are somewhat underwhelming but do have a habit of refracting light into spectacular rainbows for him to hide behind. Even so, it’s not long before Kieran is struggling to maintain his own anonymity while battling wits with a handsome cop, getting some flirting in with a hunky leather man, saving some drag queens, and escaping the worst blind date in history. It’s enough to make a fledgling hero want to give up before he even begins.
One thing’s for sure: saving the day has never been so fabulous.
The law of three is unbroken: three vampires form a coterie, three demons make a pack, and three wizards are a coven. That is how it has always been, and how it was always to be.
But Luc, Anders, and Curtis—vampire, demon, and wizard—have cheated tradition. Their bond is not coterie, pack, or coven, but something else. Thrust into the supernatural politics ruling Ottawa from behind the shadows, they face Renard, a powerful vampire who harbors deadly secrets of his own and wishes to end their threat. The enemy they know conjures fire and death at every turn. The enemies they don’t know are worse.
Blood, soul, and magic gave them freedom. Now they need to survive it.
Coming July, 2017 from Bold Strokes Books.
The law of three is everything: three vampires for a coterie, three demons for a pack, and three wizards for a coven. Those alone or in pairs are vulnerable to the rest. Luc, Anders, and Curtis—vampire, demon, and wizard—sidestepped tradition by binding themselves together.
When something starts brutally killing demons in Ottawa, the three find themselves once again moving among the powers who rule the city from the shadows—this time working with them to try to stop the killings before chaos and blood rule the streets.
Hunting a killer who seems to leave no trace behind, the triad are forced to work with allies they don’t dare trust, powers they barely understand, and for the good of those they already know to be corrupt.
They have the power of blood, soul, and magic. But they have to survive to keep it.
Available for pre-order in paperback and ebook from Bold Strokes Books.
(included in On the Run: Tales of Gay Pursuit and Passion, edited by Jerry L. Wheeler in paperback, or individually available as an e-novella)
With one diagnosis, editor James Daniels learns he is quite literally running out of time. With only weeks left, James comes face to face with the life he has lead, and finds it wanting.
It’s too late for regrets, but there is one thing James needs to do: find Andy. Andy was the first man he ever loved, but Andy has been gone for years and might not want to be found.
When the worst thing that he could ever imagine happening also gives James a way to reach Andy again, James finds himself facing the greatest – and final – rewrite of his life.
Can a dying man restore love from nothing but memory, or is the past just too far gone to fix?
- “Heart,” in the Cleis Press anthology Fool for Love.
- “Cakewalk,” in the MLR Press anthology I Do, Two!
- “Hometown Boy,” in the Rebel Satori Press anthology Saints & Sinners 2011: New Fiction from the Festival.
- “Keeping the Faith,” in the Bold Strokes Books anthology Men of the Mean Streets.
- “Filth,” in the Bold Strokes Books anthology Night Shadows: Queer Horror.
- “Last Call,” in the Harrow Press anthology Mortis Operandi.
- “Old Age, Surrounded by Loved Ones,” in the Grand Central Press anthology This is How You Die: A Machine of Death Anthology.
- “Struck,” in the Cleis Press anthology Foolish Hearts.
- “Sky Blue,” in the Bold Strokes Books anthology Saints & Sinners 2013: New Fiction from the Festival.
- “Lesser Evil,” in the Northwest Press anthology The Lavender Menace: Tales of Queer Villainy.
- “The Psychometry of Snow,” in the Bear Bones Books anthology Bears of Winter.
- “Entangled,” in the Mischief Corner Books anthology Discovery: QSF’s Second Annual Flash Fiction Contest.
- “Range of Motion,” in the Bold Strokes Books anthology Men in Love: M/M Romance.
- “Sweet William,” in the Bold Strokes Books anthology Saints & Sinners 2016: New Fiction from the Festival.
- “Conceptually Speaking,” in the Mischief Corner Books anthology Flight: QSF’s Third Annual Flash Fiction Contest.
Short Fiction Series
The Triad Stories
- “Three,” in the Bold Strokes Books anthology Blood Sacraments, also available as an e-short here.
- “Intercession,” in the Bold Strokes Books anthology Wings: Subversive Gay Angel Erotica.
- “Possession,” in the Bold Strokes Books anthology Erotica Exotica: Tales of Tales of Sex, Magic.
- “Necessary Evils,” in the Bold Strokes Books anthology Raising Hell: Demonic Gay Erotica.
- “Bound,” in the Beautiful Dreamer Press anthology Not Just Another Pretty Face. (Note: this story is set in the same universe as the other Triad stories, but doesn’t involve Luc, Anders, or Curtis. The characters in this story make their first appearance in Triad Blood, however.)
The Fuca Stories
- “Wind and Tree,” in the Bear Bones Books anthology Tales from the Den.
- “Time and Tide,” in the Lethe Press anthology The Touch of the Sea.
- “Aiming to Please,” in the Lethe Press anthology Tented.
- “Line of Sight,” in the Cleis Press anthology Love Between Men (a reprint of Afternoon Pleasures).
- “Elsewhen,” in the Bold Strokes Books anthology Riding the Rails.
- “In the Doghouse,” and “Shutout,” in the Bold Strokes Books anthology Sweat: Gay Jock Erotica.
- “The Finish,” in the Bold Strokes Books anthology Dirty Diner: Gay Erotica on the Menu.
- “Transposition,” in the Bold Strokes Books anthology Tricks of the Trade: Magical Gay Erotica.
- “Slice of Pi,” in the Bear Bones Books anthology The Biggest Lover.
- “Vanilla,” in the Lethe Press anthology Threesome: Him, Him, and Me.
- “Leap,” in the Bold Strokes Books anthology Boys of Summer.
- “First Touch,” in the Arsenal Pulp Press anthology I Like it Like That.
- “It Could Happen to You,” in the TouchWood Editions anthology A Family By Any Other Name: Exploring Queer Relationships.
- “Rain,” in the Glitterwolf Press anthology A Letter to My Sixteen Year Old Self.
- “Limit,” in the Vine Leaves Press collection Equality: What Do You Think About When You Think of Equality?
- “The Spirit of Giving,” in Chicken Soup for the Soul: Random Acts of Kindness.